Houghton Transcendental Meditation Centre
JAN / FEB / MARCH / APRIL 2015
IN THIS ISSUE:
4 DAY RESIDENTIAL RETREATS APRIL / MAY LONG WEEKEND PLAN AHEAD – BOOK NOW
DATES: Thursday 30th April to Sunday 3rd or Monday 4th May (Includes Public Holiday)
(Starts from 15:00 pm on the Thursday and ends 11:00 am on Sunday or Monday)
VENUE: Champagne Castle, Drakensberg Mountains
Maximum Evolution Combined with a Holiday
Course participants describe the catering as delicious, nourishing and satisfying.
THESE COURSES ARE FOR TM SIDHAS AND TM MEDITATORS
Individual course fee: R3150 for three days
R3900 for four days
Transport can be arranged through the Centre.
Could there be a finer environment to enjoy rapid evolution than the beauty, stillness and magnificent atmosphere of Champagne Castle in the Drakensberg?
The structure of this course allows you to rest and focus on your own growth without interruptions or problems. And at these prices it’s a very inexpensive holiday too.
You will find a Transcendental Meditation residence course a wonderful and very effective way to assuage the pressures of life and revitalise and refresh yourself so that you feel ready to tackle anything. The whole course is structured to maximise your personal growth.
“Freshen-up” your TM and Deepen your Consciousness.
The pace of everyone’s life seems to be speeding up. We do need a good dose of ‘silent physiology’ regularly. Stress and fatigue in the nervous system prevent us from experiencing our full potential.
Join us for a day of peace and well being. It is a rewarding day. It will deepen your experience of TM.
You leave feeling peaceful and refreshed and ready to tackle anything. The whole day is structured to maximize your personal growth. There is a perfect balance of extra meditation, lectures and discussions, easy Yoga stretch postures and gentle walks.
DATE – Sunday 15th February
COST – R480 – Includes Lunch
TIME – 9:00 am to 17:00 pm
ADVANCED TECHNIQUES OF TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION – MAY
Advanced Techniques work like a fertilizer, taking our experience to a higher level. You are ready for an Advanced Technique if you have been meditating with your current technique for four months or longer. This will ensure more powerful results from the same time input.
Who should attend? Any TM meditator who has been regular with their current 20 minute technique for a minimum of 2 to 4 months. “Regular” means not missing more than 2 or 3 meditations per month.
Saturday 16th May – Orientation and Personal Instruction – 13:00 pm to 17:00 pm
Sunday 17th May – Verification of Technique – 14:00 pm to 17:00 pm
PRICE : R2075 per individual R1450 per full time student R3015 per couple. EEG READINGS AT THE TM CENTRE – THURSDAY 19TH FEBRUARY AT 20:00 PM
Brain mapping reveals the dynamics of brain functioning and consciousness.
Rob and Marie-José van der Sloot from Holland will give a presentation on EEG and Coherence on February 19 in the Houghton TM Centre.
A live demonstration will be part of the evening.
The main focus of the presentation will be the coherence created through the practice of Transcendental Meditation and the TM-Sidhi programme.
The presentation will go into the following subjects:
1. Consciousness and the brain
2. Explaining the brain
3. Brainwaves and coherence
Experts ROB and MARIE JOSE VAN DER SLOOT will be available to read your EEG (electro encephalogram brain waves) ON SAT AND SUN 21ST AND 22ND FEBRUARY
R300 for an appointment – bookings essential
Yay India! We are going again in March. We spend a week (or more) at the Brahmasthan and then you do some sightseeing in India or come home. Its a fabulous way to experience the deepest spirituality India has to offer with all the support of a trusted network of friends, meditators and sidhas.
Here is some of the feedback on the last trip:
“This has truly been one of the best weeks of my life. I will keep my memories of the Brahmastan close to my heart (and look forward to supporting you in realising Maharishi’s vision for world peace).” Another: “It was an awesome experience.” And another: “It was a great inward experience and will be treasured in my heart of hearts forever.””I am so grateful that you suggested that I go to the Brahmasthan–I really had the most wonderful time. I feel so refreshed and energised. I have been continuing with the program here at home and loving it.” And finally: “I would like to say thank-you very much for organising and encouraging us to do the trip. It really was a fantastic and very special experience and I certainly will be going back.”
TO BOOK OR FOR MORE INFO: email email@example.com
VED AROMATHERAPY CONSULTATIONS
R400 per consultation THURSDAY NIGHTS AT THE CENTRE
THURSDAY NIGHT LECTURE SERIES
- 29th Jan – Seven ways to improve transcending.
- 5th Feb – Enlightenment – Seven states of human consciousness.
- 12th Feb – Polishing your TM technique. – Dr. Vicki Broome
- 19th Feb – EEG presentation and Demonstration.
- 26th Feb – David Lynch foundation project. Saving the disposable ones.
- 16th April – The Mechanics of Stress Release. Stress release is both natural and necessary on the way to enlightenment.
- 23rd April – Vedic Psychology. – Dr Vicki Broome
- You have lapsed or become irregular with your TM and you need support and checking to become regular.
- You are not quite satisfied with your TM experience and you need a TM check.
- You are regular and enjoying your TM but you would like the extra blissful effect that comes from meditating in a group.
- You would like to contribute to the coherence in Johannesburg and help to bring down crime.
MAHARISHI AYURVEDA LADIES SPA
TM CENTRE MEMBERSHIP
- You help to support the Centre so it is available when you need it
- Regular knowledge newsletters and notification of centre events
- Access to TM Refresher courses
- FREE TM Checking on Thursday evenings
- FREE TM and Yoga evenings every Thursday
- Advanced knowledge lectures at reduced prices
- Let us check your meditation from time to time. In this way you will gain maximum value from your practice.